Is it normal to have hairy balls? Men with this problem, how do you feel? This condition of having hairy body reduces self-esteem especially if one has gone for a public swimming pool.
Hairs on your balls play vital role to some extent as far as it causes an embarrassment but it is normal to have hairs on the scrotum.
This refers to a condition whereby your scrotum is partially or fully covered with hairs. This condition occurs when young men reach puberty that is at the age of 15years or 16years.
Therefore, you should be stressed when such appearance occurs but instead, you should be proud of it. Most guys honestly wish they were hairier than they are but won’t ever admit that to other guys. Hairy balls are great to have and enjoy.
The excessive case is due to a condition is known as Hirsutism where an individual is said to produce more male hormones causing the body to be more sensitive towards them. In many cases, it’s not clear why this happens.
Here are lesser causes of hirsutism:
- Prescription of medicines like anabolic steroids, used by some people to build muscle and improve athletic performance.
- Growth of tumors that increases the production of androgens and usually affects the ovaries or adrenal glands
- Acromegaly is a condition in which the body produces too much growth hormone that causes this problem.
- Some diseases such as obesity
- congenital adrenal hyperplasia which is an inherited condition affecting the adrenal glands, the glands above the kidneys that produce hormones
- A crushing syndrome that causes sudden weight gain and bloating around the face and neck.
Hairy balls problems
Men with hairy body especially balls and even around the pit may experience the following challenges as perceived by women:
There’s a lot of loose skin hanging around down there, which basically means the second the air temperature goes one degree above room temperature, our junk becomes a sweaty, gross mess.
They can touch the toilet water
Due to this instance, one may contract toilet diseases such as syphilis or UTI. Once you them, it can create a lot of mistrust in the marriages apart from causing a lot of pain to you.
They get tangled in our boxers
In cases where your hairy balls touch a loose garment, they can get tangled and cause a lot of discomforts such that you may end up adjusting it even in public.
Appearance of blue or green balls
While balls might not turn bright blue, fluid buildup can cause men a lot of discomforts. It’s kind of like having to pee, but not being able to. It can go away on its own.
Basically, our testicles can get tangled up inside our scrotum, cutting off circulation and causing the most insane pain imaginable.
How to shave hairy balls
Here are steps to guide you on the proper method of getting rid of hairs on your balls:
- Gently continue with the downward motions (along the grain). This should reduce the hair significantly. NOTE: Do not try to clear off everything at this point.
- Start shaving gently with the grains. That means shaving in the direction the hair is growing. This helps a lot in avoiding ingrown hair on the scrotum.
- Splash the balls with cold water to make them tight. Balls hung up tight in cold environments. This will help a lot while shaving.
- Gently hold the balls to make sure you are now seeing the visible surface. Most of the ball sack skin should now be visible after the upward shaving strokes.
- Carefully shave in the upward direction. At this point, you are probably clearing everything up.
- Rinse the hair off and pat dry with a clean soft towel. Do not rub while drying to avoid scratching.
- Check for any cuts or blood stains on the towel and in case of any, treat the wound a slight cut.
- Apply recommended over the counter after shaves to keep the skin soft and moisturized. You may use baby oil, in this case, to reduce or avoid any irritation.
How to minimize itching or cutting
The scrotum is usually soft, sensitive and highly elastic such that it is easy to hurt or cut it while shaving. Some men fear to shave their balls because of these reasons.
Also, keeping shaved testicles are believed to enhance sexual sensitivity in men so every man wants to keep and maintain a good hygiene on the shaved balls.
The following are some of the ways to adopt:
- Trim of the bulk hair using a pair of scissors. The main aim of doing this is to get them as short as possible to enhance the visibility of the skin while shaving away the last hair.
- Washing after trimming is important since it helps in removing any lying hair that has been removed and to enhances the visibility of the remaining short hair.
- Lather up with recommended shaving cream and avoid those soaps that might cause irritation on that sensitive area.
How to care and treat shaved balls
- Using alcohol-free aftershaves like Baby oil is a good idea to avoid dry skin on this area and to close up the open pores from any infections.
- You may use Olive Oil in case of any minor cuts and to Keep it moisturized and clean to avoid any skin related issues or infections. Use clean undergarments to keep off any infections.
- Also, you may scrub during showering to keep the pores breathing and to ease any new growing hair. This will help in avoiding newly grown hair.